Your privacy is very important to us and we strive to make the collection, use and disclosure of your data as transparent as possible. We have drawn up this data protection declaration in accordance with the requirements of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the Swiss Federal Data Protection Act (DSG). Through this data protection information we inform you about the important aspects of data processing within the framework of our website.
How do we collect your data?
- Some data (usage data) are automatically recorded. These data are predominantly not personal. Usage data is collected by recording how you interact with our products and services.
Types of personal data
First name*, Last name*
E-mail address*, address*, postal code*, city*, country*, language, telephone number
Company name, VAT number, e-mail address for invoice
Username*, password*, User-ID*, API Key*
IP-Adresse*, Account activity*, Active sessions*
Date of birth
Website, blog, Facebook page
Data entered by the customer
This covers all other personal data that the customer can enter in the user-defined fields.
Required data to be able to use the service are marked with a "*".
- Passing on data to third parties: We do not pass on your personal data to other third parties unless you have consented to this data transfer or we are entitled or obliged to do so by law and/or official or court orders. In some cases, we use external service providers to process your data on our behalf. These were carefully selected by us and commissioned in writing. They are bound by our instructions and are regularly monitored by us. Your data will only be passed on within the scope of order data processing. In the case of non-payment or a default in payment, we will be forced to initiate debt collection by a third party.
- How can you access and update your personal information? You have the right to access the information we hold about you. You have the right to review and update your personal information. If you have reasons to believe that the personal information we maintain about you is not accurate, please log into your account and review your information. You can also use your right to data transfer in accordance with Article 20 GDPR to obtain your data in a common machine-readable format. If you would like a copy of the information stored about you, you can request and export this information in the section “Yumpu Information” of your account. Access to your personal data via our website with your password and access data is only possible for you. At your request, if required to provide our service if you need help using it, members of our team can also access it.
- Protection of your personal information: We will use our best endeavors to take reasonable precautions to ensure the security, confidentiality, integrity and availability and resilience of the information you provide. For this reason, we have implemented technical and organizational measures (TOM) to protect the personal information we collect about you. In addition, we follow security measures that require applicable data protection regulations. This includes storing, using and disclosing any information you have provided to us in a secure manner. We take measures to protect your information from unauthorized access.
- TLS-Encryption with https: We use https to transmit data in an eavesdropping save way over the internet. By using TLS (Transport Layer Security), an encryption protocol for secure data transmission on the internet, we can ensure the protection of confidential data. You can recognize the use of this data transmission security by the small lock symbol at the top left of the browser and the use of the “https” schema as part of our internet address (URL).
We send two types of newsletters:
- The first category includes ideas and tips for your magazines (information, tips and hints), status information for magazine transmission (direct link and embed code for each uploaded magazine) and product information (new features and updates received by email). You have the possibility to manage these notifications in your account. Additionally, there is an “unsubscribe” button in every newsletter.
- The category of transaction e-mails includes important information (billing information and information about the payment method selected) that you need to use our paid packages. These e- mails cannot be deactivated.
- In the future, we reserve the right to also send newsletters to site visitors via in-app messages.
- How do we collect your data?
Yumpu automatically collects and stores information in so-called server log files, which your browser automatically transmits. We keep these for up to one month and then delete them. These are:
- Browser type and browser version
- Used operating system
- Referrer URL
- Hostname of the accessing computer
- Time of the server request
- IP address
This data will not be merged with other data sources. Processing is carried out in accordance with Article 5 Paragraph 1 letter f GDPR on the basis of our legitimate interest in improving the stability and functionality of our website. The data will not be passed on or used in any other way. However, we reserve the right to subsequently check the server log files if there are concrete indications of illegal use.
Our offer contains links to other websites. As a provider we are responsible for our own content according to the general laws. We do not assume any responsibility for third-party content that is made available for use, recognizably via links, and do not adopt its content as our own. We have no influence on whether the operators of other websites comply with data protection regulations.
This website uses Google Analytics, a web analysis service of Google Inc. (1600 Amphitheatre
Parkway Mountain View, Ca 94043, USA). The use shall be made on the basis of Article 6
placed on your computer, to help the website analyze how users use the site. The information
generated by the cookie about your use of the website, such as browser type / version,
operating system used, referrer URL (the previously visited page), host name of the
accessing computer (IP address), time of the server request, is usually transferred to a
Google server in the U.S. and stored there. The IP address transmitted by your browser as
part of Google Analytics is not combined with other data from Google. We have also added the
code “anonymizeIP” to Google Analytics on this website. This guarantees the masking of your
IP address so that all data is collected anonymously. Only in exceptional cases the full IP
address is transmitted to a Google server in the USA and shortened
- We have enhanced the IP address masking ("anonymizeIP") feature on this website for both, our Google Analytics and Google Analytics integration, into your Yumpu Analytics account.
IP address anonymization has been developed by Google to enable this website to
comply with applicable data protection laws and the recommendations of local data
protection authorities when they prohibit the storage of the full IP address. If you
use Google Analyitcs for your magazines or your account, anonymous data will also be
transmitted to you. IP anonymization or masking takes place as soon as the IP
addresses arrive in the Google Analytics data collection network and before
the data is stored or processed. More information on IP anonymization can be found
Google will use this information on our behalf to evaluate your use of the website, to compile reports on website activity and to provide us with other services relating to website activity and internet usage. You can prevent the storage of cookies by making the appropriate setting in your browser. We would like to point out, that in this case you may not be able to use all the functions of this website to their full extent.
You can also prevent Google from collecting the data generated by the cookie and related to your use of the website (including IP address) and from processing this data by Google. Download the following browser plug-in and install it (http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en). As an alternative to the browser add-on, especially for browsers on mobile devices, you can prevent Google Analytics from capturing data (see 3.1.3).
Further information on data protection in connection with Google Analytics can be found in the Google Analytics help (https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245?hl=en).
Google Analytics reports on demographic characteristics and interests: We’ve turned on
advertising reporting in Google Analytics. The reports on demographic characteristics and
interests include information on age, gender and interest. This enables us, to get a better
picture of our users without assigning this data to individual persons. You can find out
more about the advertising functions at
You can opt-out of using the activities and information in your Google Account by checking the box under Advertising preferences on https://adssettings.google.com/authenticated
- Google Analytics deactivation link: You can prevent Google from collecting further visits to this website. Attention: The deletion of cookies, the use of the incognito / private mode of your browser, or the use of another browser leads to data being collected again. Disable Google Analytics. Deactivate Google Analytics. An opt-out cookie is set to prevent your data from being collected in the future when you visit this website. The opt-out cookie is only valid in this browser and only for our website and is stored on your device. If you delete the cookies in this browser, you must set the opt-out cookie again (for more information, see: https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/gajs/#disable).
- We have entered into a direct customer contract with Google for the use of Google Analytics by accepting the “addendum to data processing” in Google Analytics. You can find out more about the Google Analytics data processing supplement here: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/3379636?hl=en&utm_id=ad).
- Deactivating Hotjar: If you do not want Hotjar to collect information from you, you can activate the Hotjar opt-out (activate Hotjar Opt-Out) Click on the red "Deactivate Hotjar" button. You can deactivate or reactivate the collection of data by Hotjar via this link. Attention: The deletion of cookies, the use of the incognito / private mode of your browser, or the use of another browser leads to data being collected again.
Visual Website Optimizer (VWO)
This website uses the analysis tool Visual Website Optimizer of the provider Wingify (Wingify, 14th Floor, KLJ tower North, Netaji Subhash Place, Pitam Pura, Delhi 110034, India) to learn more about user behavior on this site and to optimize the offer for users. Only pseudonymous data will be used or stored. If you do not want Visual Website Optimizer to store data about your use of our website, you can object to its use. By using the opt out link (https://vwo.com/opt-out/), a cookie is set for exclusion from the analysis tool. This opt-out statement applies until you delete the cookie. The cookie is set for our website under the domain mentioned, per browser and computer. If you use our website from several computers or with different browsers, we recommend, that you set the opt-out cookie for each computer and browser. You can object to the storage of your pseudonymous visitor data at any time for the future (https://vwo.com/opt-out/).
- We are using Turstpilot TrustBoxes to display customer reviews on yumpu.com. Trustpilot uses the so called "impression tracking" to check the number of times a TrustBox is loaded. Moreover, Trustpilot continuously tracks the speed performance of each TrustBox. Although IP addresses are being recorded, they are not stored. The IP addresses are transformed to geographic country data and are used for the sole purpose of creating a geographic performance analysis.
- Google Analytics
- We use Google Fonts from the company Google Inc. (1600 Amphitheatre Parkway Mountain View, CA 94043, USA) on our website. Google Fonts is used without authentication and no cookies are sent to the Google Fonts API. If you have an account with Google, none of your Google Account information will be transmitted to Google while using Google Fonts. Google only records the use of CSS and the fonts used and stores this data securely. Among other things, Google Fonts improves the display of fonts, texts, characters and other elements. More on these and other questions can be found at https://developers.google.com/fonts/faq. You can read which data is collected by Google and for what purpose this data is used at https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en.
Google Tag Manager (GTM)
GTM is a solution that allows marketers to manage website tags through a single interface. The tool Tag Manager itself (which implements the tags) is a domain without cookies. The tool triggers other tags that may themselves collect data. Google Tag Manager does not access this data. If deactivation has been made at the domain or cookie level, it will persist for all tracking tags implemented with Google Tag Manager. The IP address provided by your browser as part of Google Tag Manager will not be merged with any other data held by Google. We have also set Google Tag Manager to transmit your data anonymously to Google for this website. This guarantees the masking of your IP address so that all data is collected anonymously. Only in exceptional cases, the full IP address is transmitted to a Google server in the USA and shortened there.
Google AdSense (Google AdSense is not currently in use. We reserve the right to use Google AdSense
in the future).
- On this website we use Google AdSense, the advertising program of Google Inc. (1600 Amphitheatre Parkway Mountain View, CA 94043, USA). Data on the displayed advertising media and your IP address may be transmitted to servers in the USA and evaluated there. In AdSense, cookies are used to provide better advertising, the cookies do not contain personalized data. Google AdSense sends a cookie to the browser after each impression, click and other activity that leads to a call to the Google AdSense server. If the browser accepts the cookie, it is stored there. Third party AdSense providers may be able to place and read cookies in your browser or use web beacons to store information they receive from ad serving on the website. Web beacons are small graphics that enable log file recording and analysis that are used for statistical evaluations for online marketing.
Disable Personalised Advertising
If you have a Google Account, you may disable personalized advertising on the site https://adssettings.google.com/authenticated. Even if you opt-out of personalizing ads, you may still see ads based on factors such as your approximate location delived from your IP address, browser type, and recently used search terms. You can read which data is collected by Google and for what purpose this data is used at https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en
Use of Google DoubleClick for Publishers
This website uses the DoubleClick for Publishers ("DoubleClick"), a service of Google Inc. (1600 Amphitheatre Parkway Mountain View, Ca 94043, USA). DoubleClick is a platform for the placement, control and optimization of advertisements on websites. With the help of DoubleClick, we can reach website visitors who have previously been interested in certain content areas by analyzing the use of our website, as well on other pages of our website or on other websites within the Google display network (on Google itself, so-called “Google ads” or on other websites) and present advertisements based on their interests. For this, Google uses so-called DoubleClick-Cookies, which are stored on your computer. DoubleClick cookies do not contain or store any personal user data.
- You can deactivate interest-related ads from Google in your browser by clicking on the “deactivate” link in the “Deactivation settings” section of http://www.google.de/settings/ads or (if you use Google Chrome, Firefox or Internet Explorer) by deactivating the DoubleClick cookie for your browser by installing the extension offered on http://www.google.de/settings/ads.
Use of Google AdWords (Remarketing / Conversion Tracking)
Our website uses the Google AdWords service. Google AdWords is an online advertising program from Google Inc. (1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain view, CA 94043, USA).
We use the remarketing function within the Google AdWords service. With the remarketing
function, we can present users our website on other websites within the Google display
network (on Google itself, so-called Google ads or on other websites) ads, based on their
interests. For this purpose, the interaction of the users on our website is analysed, e.g.
which offers the user is interested in, in order to be able to display targeted advertising
to the users on other pages, even after visiting our website. To do this, Google stores a
number in the browsers of users who visit certain Google services or websites on the Google
display network. The visits of these users are
recorded via this number (cookie). This number serves to uniquely identify a web browser on
a particular computer and so not to identify a person; personal data is not stored.
- We use conversion tracking when using the Google AdWords service. When you click on an ad
placed by Google, a conversion tracking cookie is placed on your device. These cookies lose
their validity after 30 days, contain no personal data and are therefore not used for
personal identification. The information collected using the conversion cookie is used to
generate conversion statistics for AdWords customers, who have opted for conversion
- Disable Interest Based Advertising In addition, you may opt-out of interest-based ads on Google and interest-based Google ads on the web (within the Google display network) in your browser by selecting the Opt-out button at http://www.google.de/settings/ads or by opting out at http://www.aboutads.info/choices/. You can find further information on your settings in this regard and data protection at Google at https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en.
- If Personalised Advertising is deactivated on the Web, the following shall apply: Advertising is not personalized by Google. You continue to see advertising on the web. However, this is less relevant for you. You can’t hide ads anymore. The advertising you see may be based on the website you are visiting and your general location.
- We use the remarketing function within the Google AdWords service. With the remarketing function, we can present users our website on other websites within the Google display network (on Google itself, so-called Google ads or on other websites) ads, based on their interests. For this purpose, the interaction of the users on our website is analysed, e.g. which offers the user is interested in, in order to be able to display targeted advertising to the users on other pages, even after visiting our website. To do this, Google stores a number in the browsers of users who visit certain Google services or websites on the Google display network. The visits of these users are recorded via this number (cookie). This number serves to uniquely identify a web browser on a particular computer and so not to identify a person; personal data is not stored.
- We continue to use Google Analytics to evaluate data from double-click cookies and AdWords for statistical purposes. If you do not want this, you can deactivate it via the Ad Preferences Manager (http://www.google.com/settings/ads/onweb/?hl=en).
Our website uses the AdvertServe. Renegade Internet is the developer of AdvertServe (5 Mocasin Trail, New Castle, PA 16105, United States).
- AdvertServe is a cloud hosted ad server that provides publishers with a wide range of
targeting and reporting capabilities across display, mobile and video platforms. An ad
server is the ad technology that enables the management, serving, and tracking of an ad or
internal promotion on one's digital properties. Ad servers decide, in real-time, the best ad
to serve based on relevance, targeting, budgets, and revenue goals.
Here you can find the AdvertServe Privacy Shield (https://privacy.advertserve.com/). This
website provides users with information about the program along with an easy-to-understand
users with a way to manage their privacy settings:
- Opt-in or opt-out of data collection
- View all of the data that has been collected about you
- Change your dates
- Download your data in a machine-readable format
- Delete your data if you want to be forgotten
AdvertServe has taken steps to protect personal data in the backend system, e.g. hashing or masking sensitive data fields in system logs. By keeping statistical data only in aggregated form, it protects the privacy of individuals, since aggregated statistical data cannot be traced back to a specific person. Information that is collected is the gender, age, income range and interests of the users.
- Data Collect
Internet Protocol Address
AdvertServe uses IP geo-location technology to translate your IP address into an approximate geographic location that may include your continent, country, state/province, city, zip/postal code, designated marketing area, time zone, ISP and current weather data. This technology is anonymous and primarily based upon publicly available IP registration data.
- Mobile Advertising ID AdvertServe does not utilize mobile Advertising IDs (AAID/IDFA) at this time. Both Android and iOS provide options for limiting and opt-ing out of such tracking though (https://support.google.com/ads/answer/2662922?hl=en). Android users can Opt Out of Interest-Based Ads and iOS users can enable Limit Ad Tracking if desired (https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT205223).
- Referrer URL
AdvertServe is able to determine which web site you are viewing by inspecting the HTTP referrer header sent by your browser so that just relevant advertisements is shown, that are based on its subject matter. The textual content of these web sites is indexed and perform keyword targeting to further improve the relevancy of advertisements is set. However, this is strictly NOT performed on pages which are dynamically generated (i.e. with a query string) or for any pages that exist behind a user-login form so that avoid extracting any information that may personally identify you.
AdvertServe uses the information in the Accept-Language and User-Agent HTTP headers sent by your browser to identify your device type (i.e. Desktop, Tablet or Mobile) as well as your operating system, web browser and language preferences. This enables us to show you advertisements that are suitable for your device and written in your language.
- Internet Protocol Address
We participate in IAB Europe's transparency and consent framework and comply with its specifications and guidelines. To this end, we use the Consent Management Platform (CMP) from Sourcepoint Technology Inc, 228 Park Ave S #87903, New York 10003-1502, United States, as a subcontractor. In accordance with the IAB Europe Transparency and Consent Framework, Sourcepoint is identified as IAB Europe ID #6. Sourcepoint's CMP allows you to grant us data protection compliant consent to process your data and to revoke such consent at any time. You may also object to the processing of data on the basis of our legitimate interest. Here you will find an overview of your setting options, the purposes and the third parties involved: Privacy Manager More information on data protection and the CMP is available on the Sourcepoint website: https://www.sourcepoint.com/privacy-policy.
- Google Tag Manager (GTM)
- Social Log-in
For the registration and for login to the Yumpu account, you also have the possibility to authenticate yourself with your existing profile on one of the following social networks: Facebook, Twitter or Google - and finally register or log in.
For this purpose, you will find on the registration page or login page a corresponding button including symbols of the respective providers of the social networks supported by our website. Before a connection to the provider is established, you must expressly consent to the process described below and to the transfer of data: By clicking on the respective button, a new window (so-called app) is opened, where you have to log in with your login data for the social network.
After you have successfully logged in, the social network will tell you which data (name and e-mail address) will be transmitted to us for authentication as part of the registration or login process. If you have agreed to this data transfer, the fields required by us for registration will be filled with the transferred data. The data required by us for registration or login is your name and e-mail address. Your data will only be stored and used by us after you express consent to the use of the transmitted and required data.
- Social Plug-ins
So-called social plug-ins from social networks are used on our website. Plug-ins for Facebook and Twitter are currently only offered in the Yumpu account for registered users. We reserve the right to offer social plug-ins at other locations in the future. The plug-ins are usually marked with a logo or the "Like-Button".
Share: We offer the possibility to share magazines on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Pinterest or via e-mail or iFrame. This function is not implemented using plug-ins. For this reason, no cookies are set here on our website.
- Facebook Like-Button
By clicking on the like-button you leave this website and establish a direct connection between your browser and the Facebook servers.
Facebook receives the information that you have visited our site with your IP address. If you click the Facebook “Like-Button” while logged into your Facebook account, Facebook can assign the visit of our pages to your user account. Information about the data that Facebook Inc. subsequently collects can be found here: https://www.facebook.com/privacy/explanation
By using the Facebook pixel, the visit to this website is communicated to Facebook so that visitors can see suitable ads on Facebook. If you have a Facebook account and are signed in, your visit to this website will be associated with your Facebook user account. You can find out how Facebook pixels are used for advertising campaigns at https://www.facebook.com/business/learn/facebook-ads-pixel.
You can change your ad settings in Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/ads/preferences/?entry_product=ad_settings_screen , you must be logged in to do this. At http://www.youronlinechoices.com/de/praferenzmanagement/ you have the opportunity to manage your preferences for usage-based online advertising.
- Facebook Privacy Notice
- Twitter Privacy Notice
- Facebook Like-Button
- Social Log-in
Communication via Intercom
- Facebook Integration
Processing operations under shared responsibility; single point of contact.
The processing operations for which we are jointly responsible with the other controllers include the following:
- Collection of your data on the website using cookies and other technologies by us and our vendors
- Transmission of your data (pseudonymous cookie ID, IP address) within an anonymous environment (so-called cookie matching process)
- Auction of advertising space
- Purchase of advertising space
- Display of advertising on the website
For more information on data processing under joint responsibility by other vendors, please refer to their privacy notices, which you can access from our “Privacy Manager”.
In order to exercise your rights as a data subject, you can either contact us directly (our contact details can be found in the section "Contact") or contact the vendors mentioned in the "Privacy Manager".
The Joint Controllers have also agreed that i-mag, as Publisher of the Website, will act as a single point of contact for the exercise of data subjects' rights against all Joint Controllers.
In principle, you have the right to information, correction, deletion, being forgotten, restriction, data transferability, revocation and opposition. If you believe that the processing of your data violates the data protection law or your data protection claims have otherwise been violated in any way, you can complain to the supervisory authority. Of course, you also have the right to complain directly to a supervisory authority at your place of residence or at our company headquarters in Diepoldsau. However, we would ask you to contact us first. Misunderstandings or problems can certainly be solved most quickly in this way.
- Data Protection Officer
i-Magazine AG (Gewerbestrasse 3, 9444 Diepoldsau)
- Data Protection Officer
Last update: 27.04.2022